Thursday, December 20, 2018

Saving and Needing

Sometimes I tend to be a hoarder
Because I see the potential in things.

I can't seem to make myself throw away
Things as small as old strings.

I think, "But, what if I need it someday?
I would have to buy more of it new!"

So I tuck it away in a box or, a jar
Or, maybe a cabinet or two.

You just never know when such things might be handy
And to throw them out is such a waste!

In the fight against this old disposable society
I refuse to succumb to such haste!

So, like my grandparents who went through the war
Which followed the Great Depression,

Saving the things that might have a use
Is something of an obsession.

But, every once in a great big Blue Moon
I go through and toss and I burn

All those things I'd collected that might have a use,
Into rubbish they suddenly turn,

And I throw them away, they'll ne'er fit a need
They are wasting the space in our home

Until only a week or, two after they're trash
I realize I need what is gone!

No comments:

Google