Thursday, May 23, 2019

Filling the Bucket

"In the morning when I rise,
In the morning when I rise,
In the morning when I rise
Give me Jesus."

-- Negro Spiritual of unknown origin likely composed by a slave

Some days songs just pop into my head.  I suspect most people experience it.  This morning the Jeremy Camp version of "Give Me Jesus" is rolling through my head on continuous loop.  I wonder sometimes what sets off such things?

I suspect it is current circumstance and needs that rise out of the heart that drive it.  I believe God supplies us with answers to those things which challenge us.  If we will feed ourselves with His Word and with songs generated from that Word, He will provide them as needed -- they will rise up out of seeming "nothingness" to provide comfort and peace.

Take time each day to feed your Spirit so that when needed, there will be plenty to draw upon.

No comments:

Google