Friday, July 13, 2007

The Task List

In the morning when I wake
I like to spend some time
Discussing with the good Lord
What He has on His mind
For me to do today.
Sometimes it seems quite clear to me
The tasks He has at hand
For they come welling up within my head
And it is easy to understand
How they fit within His way.
But there are other times it seems
The direction is not so clear
So I know that I should expect
Some new things to appear.
That's when anticipation
Of adventure to be found
Leads me through the daily chores
That always come around.
It is that sense of expectation
That the Lord is standing by
Directing things within my day
That makes the time to fly.
And it's because I keep on looking
For the way His guiding hand
Shapes events in people's lives
Who in adversity must stand
That I can face each day with confidence
Within this world of strife
For He has called me to His purpose
And works good within my life.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose." __Romans 8:28

6 comments:

Incognito said...

Great poem, PAN! and so very true when you open yourself up to His will.

WomanHonorThyself said...

Amen sweet Poet!

AmPowerBlog said...

Thank you for that! We all have a purpose, and God's words help us meet it!

That Janie Girl said...

Thanks, I needed that!

Kay Dennison said...

This is really great! Thank you!

Plowing and Sowing said...

The verse is one of my favorite verses. Excellent post.

Google