Thursday, July 5, 2007

An Appeal

I have a request for you my readers. In the comments to this post, please ask me questions about anything that you would like -- with a couple of ground rules:

1. Keep it clean.
2. Nothing personal.
3. The choice to answer is at my discretion.

What I'm looking for are things to write about. I know that this is probably a little unorthodox and I'm taking a chance that there will be no comments, but I thought it worth a try. For some reason, I find it easy to comment on other's posts but often have a difficult time coming up with something to write about.

So, this is an appeal to you for subjects about which to write.

I don't know if any of you remember the Glen Campbell show or the Mac Davis show, but one of the things that always impressed me was when they let the audience provide subjects for a song which they would then compose on the spot. When it seems appropriate, I will answer the question with a poem. There may be some subjects that require prose, but I will do my best to be poetic. No promises about the quality though!

7 comments:

Rodney Olsen said...

Why do you live where you do?

What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

Who are your favourite poets?

That should get you started. :)

WomanHonorThyself said...

aw shux not even a tad personal?..LOL

Incognito said...

will have to think about this... Umm... why do you like living in the Panhandle? Although you've covered that in various ways.

bigwhitehat said...

Where is the prettiest sunset?

How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Panhandle specific: Which is the most fun to hunt Quail, Pheasant or Geese?

Ballcap or cowboy hat?

Ranando said...

I like to hear about you business, sales and the marketing you do.

Tell us about Texas, your family, what did your great grand parents do?

Blazingcatfur said...

What worries you most?

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Thank you friends. It will take me awhile, but I plan on responding to every one of these. I appreciate your input.

Google