Friday, November 22, 2019

Biscuits


Homemade biscuits and wild grape jelly
Are mighty hard to beat;
Especially when you first get up
And crave something to eat.

Add a side of bacon
And maybe scrambled eggs;
It'll put a little spring into
Your fresh-woke, wobbly legs.

Some people like to skip
The first meal of the day
But, I need something filling
To send me on my way.

I can't live on coffee,
Although I need its boost,
Without it I might as well
Just stay upon my roost.

I'm glad the one I married
Is such a talented cook
And rustles up the things I like
That aren't always in a book.

She's not much on breakfast
Eaten early in the day
Though she might grab a little snack
Somewhere along the way.

One thing she will do for me
That I appreciate
Is to make a little extra
Biscuits for the plate.

They were fresh last night for supper
And I ate more than a few.
I'll eat some more this morning
Yep, that's what I'll do!

No comments:

Google