Saturday, November 16, 2019

A Country Road


Let me off the highway
On some old country road
Away from all the cars and trucks
That carry many load
Of freight to destinations unknown.

I prefer my unknown to be
What's just around the bend
And I don't want to hurry
As down the road I send
My thoughts toward the next adventure.

I've found adventure to be a
State within my mind
That I might stumble into
As if I'm deaf and blind
Until it springs to wake me from my sleep

Which is the sleep of one who
Blindly follows the same trail
As everyone else in this old world
Whose destiny it is to fail
To escape the ordinariness of existence.

I don't want a life of being ordinary
But, instead want something different
That when I leave this old world
Will have been one well spent
In making it a better place.

No comments:

Google