Monday, February 10, 2020

Space to Think


When something's eating on my mind
And just won't go away,
I can't seem to let go of it,
It's there throughout the day.

It affects my mood, makes me a grouch
But, it's nothing that you said,
It's whatever this crazy thing is
That dwells there in my head.

Don't take it personally, just give me space,
I'll work it to the bone
But, the best advice I can give to you
Is just leave me alone!

There are times when we just need to be able to think through the things on our mind.  Those times affect our mood and our attitude.  Some would tell you it is best to talk them out with others; that is probably good advice, but at the end of the day, if it is my decision to make, after getting input and talking through my reasons, I still have to be the one to think it through and make certain it is the right thing to do.

Nope, nothing going on that causes me to be in that kind of mood today, I just ran across the image of the Scissor-tail Flycatcher in a Honey Locust tree and it made me think of those times.

No comments:

Google