Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A Loose Grouping?


Sometimes what we think we see is not exactly the reality of the situation.  Take the above image for example; it looks like some loosely grouped arrows in the end of a hay bale.  The reality is that there were 3 ribbons attached by a nail at the top and fluttering in the wind.  Five arrows were shot -- the first 3 at the point where the ribbons were attached and the next two at the loose ends fluttering in the wind.  When you look at it that way, it was some pretty dang good shooting.  Nope, it wasn't me, it was my son about 3 1/2 years ago one day when we were out messing around in the pasture.

I think lots of times when we see things, what we think is clouded by our expectations and we totally miss what is really happening.  I think it especially applies to politics....

That's my thought for the day.  I intentionally left if vague enough for the reader to try and figure out my target.  Posting will be hit-and-miss this week.  Sometimes there just aren't enough days in the hour to get it all done.

No comments:

Google