Thursday, May 9, 2019

Sunshine and Allergies

Clear skies this morning,
Brightest of blue,
It is so good to finally see you!

It has been a wet Spring which followed a wet Fall.  Our ground is saturated and there is water standing in any low place.  When I drive across the pasture it sounds like I am driving through water!

I really don't mean to complain about the rain.  It has been wonderful after the dry spell we had last summer.  The grasses and clovers have grown like crazy and the cattle are all slick and fat.  Hopefully, it will be a good summer with enough rain to keep the pastures green and growing.

The crazy growth of everything this Spring has been hard on me, though.  When I walk out the back door the pollen from all the trees, grasses and weeds literally coats everything that I see.  It is as though someone dusted everything with a fine, yellowish-green powder.  I'm definitely doing my part to support the antihistamine and facial tissue manufacturers.  It's almost as bad as running a shredder through a patch of blooming careless weeds on a tractor without a cab (something I did growing up).

I've fought allergies all of my life.  It just seems normal to me, but it has never been much fun.  In some ways I envy those who don't have to deal with such on a daily basis.  I actually don't understand how anyone would not have allergies to air full of pollen.  Genetics is an interesting thing....

The sun shining down
On this brand new day
Inviting the birds to come out and play.

No comments:

Google