Saturday, December 21, 2019

Re-fueling


I woke up late this morning,
That's not something that I do,
I have a good internal alarm.

For some unknown reason
I kept on catching ZZ's,
Maybe 'cause I was all nice and warm.

The dogs were surely wondering
Why I hadn't let them out
But, they were being quiet and I am glad;

Now they're out there howling
At nothing I can see
And we had to get on to them like they're bad

When really, that's just what dogs do.
It's their job to bark and howl
At the things that don't belong --

It's the way they tell you they are hard at work
On their patrol about the yard --
It’s just them singing out their working song

While here I sit, just typing
On this nonsensical rhyme
As I get the coffee flowing in my blood.

But, now I've reached a point
Where I'm running out of words
So, I'll just go get another cup of mud.

No comments:

Google