Thursday, October 25, 2018

Technology Dependence

Computer viruses are something with which we all must deal,
Although, it hasn't always been that way.
Until we became dependent on these infernal electronic machines
We'd never heard of such things back in the day.

I have always been quite careful about security
And have anti-virus software everywhere
But, I managed to contract one just the other day
By opening an e-mail unaware

That it contained a virus.  It was from my loan officer
Who was taken by surprise in much the same way that I
Received a document from him that required me to
Enter information to unlock it due to its confidential nature

And I was immediately suspicious so, I quickly e-mailed
Him back to ask if it was legitimate to which I received a reply
That it was and all I had to do to access it was to enter
The requested information regarding my own e-mail account.

Unbeknown to me I was corresponding with a hacker who
Was spoofing his address and in the process of all
I managed to let a virus into my own personal e-mail account.
Immediately I changed my password and thought that I had

Stopped the attack, but it was too late.  Hopefully, I prevented
The spread of the virus, but in the process I lost all of my
Contact information that was in my e-mail Contact files
And when I tried to restore it from my iCloud account I lost it there as well.

So, now I am lost and if I didn't have your cell number
Or, e-mail address stored elsewhere, or couldn't re-create
Them from past documents, I don't know how to contact
You.  Sigh.  Technology dependence stinks.

No comments:

Google