Monday, June 6, 2011

A Scheme or Something Else?

Have you ever noticed that once you start into a repair project you almost always find something else needing repair?  Many times in this blog I've written about to-do lists, re-modeling, or things of that nature.  But, for some reason, this year I can't seem to whittle the list down -- it keeps getting longer instead.

I look back at the things that I have gotten done in these last few weeks/months and feel gratified that progress has been made -- many projects completed or well on their way (perhaps waiting on someone else to do their part -- like the carpet we ordered and are waiting on).  Yet, I look at my list of projects and it seems that for every one that I have completed, there have been 2 or 3 added.

There's got to be a life lesson in there somewhere.  I'm trying to figure out just what it is.  It's almost as if we are discouraged from trying to make things better because work begets work.  Hmmmm......maybe that's it.  The devil doesn't want us improving our lot in life so, when we do something positive, he hits us with discouragement.  Or, maybe it's something more mundane like the natural decay of everything with the passage of time.....and the aches in my muscles warn me that I'm not immune......

Just thinkin'......

Chris

No comments:

Google