Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Dose of Humility?

There is an old saying I'm sure that you know;
"When it rains, it pours."
Another one says that trouble comes in threes;
I think it comes in fours.
Some weeks find one misadventure follows another,
And trouble begets trouble.
I think it's the price paid for trying to live rightly
Or, maybe how God keeps us humble.
It happens whenever I'm "kicked back and coasting"
That everything falls plumb apart.
You'd think that I'd learn to look over my shoulder
When it seems like a "walk in the park."
But complacency takes me along for its ride
And I start thinking life's really cool
Until wham, she hits me with all that she's got
And I'm left just feeling the fool.
You'd think that I'll figure this all out one day
And get my act together,
But I'm slow to learn when I'm full of myself,
So I guess I'll just live with foul weather!

No comments:

Google