Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gardening Catalogs

The gardening catalogs are coming fast and thick now. I think they're trying to tell us that spring is just around the corner.

I'm always amazed at myself when they start to come because I dig through them like a prospector looking for gold! I think about all the things that I want to plant this year. Maybe I should expand my garden. I could add a couple of more rows.

I'll have to put up a better fence around it this year. The one last year barely slowed the rabbits down. By the time summer was over, they'd found a half-dozen places to squeeze under it. I started to feel a bit like Mr. McGregor!

Oh, and look at the trees. Wouldn't it be neat to order a couple of more trees. I'm sure I could find a good place to plant them. There's plenty of room in the back. Yes, I know we planted over forty trees last year, but you can never have enough trees.

We could add a couple of grapevines and maybe some berries of some kind. And wouldn't it be nice to have a butterfly garden out by the gate. People driving by could see the flowers and the butterflies and stop to take pictures. Speaking of the gate, I think we need a few bushes out by the gate. Something that would make it more of an "entryway" into our little world.

I sure hope this mood passes quickly. If it doesn't I'm in for a lot of work!

No comments:

Google