Thursday, June 13, 2019

Aging and Attitudes - A Little Randomness

Why is it that the more I learn, the less I know?
Why, with knowledge, do certainties become uncertainties?
How does youthful optimism become the skeptical old man?
Is experience about learning, or about attitude?

There was once a young man named Roy
Who wanted to be a cowboy
He headed out west
In spurs and a vest
And that is the end of my story.

If I follow my dreams to the end of the earth
In pursuit of riches and fame
Will I lose all the things that truly are worth
The price of my good name?

Life is a series of blusters and blunders
That lead us ever on
With fits and starts and various arts
We look up and find it is gone!

I once thought I could be President
Then found out I didn't want to be.

I never quite had the world by the tail
But, I found the Golden Rule:
Do unto others as you would have done
By them to little old you.

It's about the journey, not the destination.

No comments:

Google