Monday, October 15, 2018

Repetition

It seems so hard sometimes to write
Something new that might delight
The minds of those who there would read
Some thought to fit unspoken need.

The themes repeat and oft I find
The same things spill from out my mind
As I have written here before
That I would choose to say no more

For it seems there's nothing new
Beneath each waking sky so blue
That hasn't happened o'er and o'er
In my own life in days of yore.

It gives me pause to stop and think
How short our lives are, just a wink
In time that moves in steady stream
As though we live in waking dream

Repeating themes through day and night,
Some that vex and some delight,
As if there's something we should learn
But, fail in quest to fully earn

An understanding why it's so,
This thing of which we all should know,
And so repeat mistakes we must
Until we learn to fully trust

The Father who gives many chance
To those who fall within his glance
Our faith in him to fully place
While we run our earthly race.

No comments:

Google