Thursday, July 26, 2007

Detour

When you move frequently
It is difficult to maintain
Friendships with those
From whom you move away.
It takes effort to maintain
The relationship.
It is always rewarding
But never easy.

Today I made the effort
And it was a wonderful
Side-trip to my travels.
It was only for a couple of hours
But it felt as though the connection
Was renewed and re-energized.

Not only did we visit
But I got the grand tour
Of the new home they are building
That overlooks a beautiful valley
With a creek flowing through.
It is an outstanding site on a hill.
The house is positioned
To maximize the view.
It is uniquely designed
Of native stone
With terraces and a veranda.
I am happy for them.

5 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

True friendships are eternal.

Renewed and refreshed is a good thing, indeed.

Missy said...

Wish I could have been there as well! :(

WomanHonorThyself said...

ah I cant imagine moving so often..I've had my roots here for decades! :)

Texas Red said...

I'm so jealous you got to see them. I really do think about them fairly often. I'm sure their new house is beautiful.

Kay Dennison said...

Another outstanding verse! Thanks!

Google