Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Distractions

This week it has seemed especially difficult to come up with something to write about each day. One of the reasons that I started this blog was to discipline myself to write something on a regular basis. I decided from the beginning that I would write every day for at least 30 days in order for it to become a habit. It has now been considerably longer than 30 days and I haven't missed -- yet.

There have been numerous things this week that have distracted me from writing. As you may be able to tell from the last few posts that I've made, there have been a few challenges. The first had to do with my son making some poor choices. That's all that needs to be said about it. The second was a valued employee resigning. The third was a couple of "breakdowns" at home -- the air conditioner, and the water heater. On top of all that, the dog decided to grace us with bringing some "highway pizza" into the garage. It was certainly ripe and its memory lingered in the air for some time after it was removed and buried. In addition to all of the above, I can't seem to find enough time to get my yard ready to re-seed with grass. I've been working on it for several weeks now, and we are making progress, but I'm ready to be through with it!

Needless to say, my mind has been on things other than writing. Oh, yeah, I almost forgot -- I have to work too!

2 comments:

Incognito said...

We are often tested, but our attitude is what makes it either a good or bad.

Hope things get better Pan, just know that "this too shall pass".

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

James 1:2-4 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Google