Thursday, August 2, 2018

Deeper Conversations

A part of my job is sales.  It isn't what most people think of as sales, because it requires that a relationship be developed that includes a high level of trust.  I have no desire to merely sell a product to someone, I want to make my customer's life easier and I can only do that if I can deliver value to them.

Over time, what began as a business relationship can develop into friendship.  We often claim friendship with others with whom we enjoy spending time, but frequently it is a fairly shallow type of friendship.  It is rare that you can truly relate to someone on a level which allows you to talk of important things such as faith and struggles.

I had the good fortune today to spend time with someone I consider a friend.  We met this afternoon in a business setting, but were able to spend some time together this evening talking about family, faith and some of the struggles we deal with -- much of it work related, but some of which was not.  I value such times.  They are a reminder that there is more to life than work and things.

Life is better when we take the time to build relationships that allow for deeper conversations.

1 John 4:11
Prov. 27:17

1 comment:

MB said...

In my men's group each of us identified the need for a deeper connection with true friends. Men especially hesitate to go deeper for fear of appearing vulnerable or less than masculine I guess. Too bad!! A buddy might bail you out of jail, but a true friend will lift you up from wherever you are. That's what I desire the most. Thanks for being that kind of friend!

Google