Thursday, March 15, 2007

Deep Sea Fishing

We left Dolphin Docks this morning at 7:30 a.m. on the "Dolphin Express" for our 8-hour fishing trip. It was very foggy. The 2 1/2 hours out were a little rough and a lot of people suffered. However, the fishing was good. We all caught our limit of King Fish and there were many other fish caught. My son and I ended up with a little over 75 lbs. of fish! He seemed to enjoy the trip a lot. In a few days I will attempt to post a few pictures from the trip.

As we started out of Corpus Christi Bay we were accompanied by 3 Dolphins (porpoises). They stayed with us only a short distance, but it was fun to see them darting back-and-forth in front of the bow of the boat.

I think I would really enjoy staying down here through the winters. Probably from about the 1st of November through April. The rest of the year is probably too hot for my tastes. Right now is just about perfect. The high today in Corpus Christi was supposed to be 81F but I suspect that it never got above 75F on the water.

When we returned to port we were craving Mexican Food, so we ate at La Playa Restaurant. It was very good. I would recommend it.

Tomorrow we head for San Antonio and Fiesta Texas and possibly the River Walk tomorrow night. It's only about a 2 1/2 hour drive from here to San Antonio. I hope the weather is as nice tomorrow as it was here today.

No comments:

Google