Sunday, December 26, 2010

Preparing for a New Year

I looked into the future
And I DID NOT like it.
There was no kicking and screaming;
Merely a sedentism leading to decay;
The narcotic of success
Draining the energy for survival.

The chains of choice
Constrain the captive
Whose life lies entwined
With the sticky web's deception.
Truth's tarnished reputation
Enslaves unaware.

I choose a different path.
I choose the light.
I choose the burnished armor
And the whetted sword.
My Captain leads
THE WAY
Into a future changed.


Psalm 25:4-6 (New International Version, ©2010)

4 Show me your ways, LORD,
teach me your paths.
5 Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.
6 Remember, LORD, your great mercy and love,
for they are from of old.

No comments:

Google