Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Rather Lengthy Meme!

Janie at Sounding Forth has tagged me for a meme.


A) Four jobs that I've held --

1) General Manager
2) Salesman
3) Regional Manager
4) Division Manager
5) Loan Officer

B) Four films I could watch over and over

1) Lord of the Rings (all)
2) Star Wars (all)
3) McClintock
4) Indiana Jones (all)
5) Independence Day

C) Four TV shows I watch

1) Stargate SG1 (occasionally)
2) Eureka (occasionally)
3) NCIS (occasionally)
4) College football if A&M or Texas Tech are playing
5) Dallas Cowboys -- until I fall asleep in my chair

D) Four places I've lived

1) Olton, Texas
2) Muleshoe, Texas
3) Minneola, Kansas
4) Red Cloud, Nebraska
5) Justin, Texas

E) Four favorite foods

1) Chicken fried steak
2) Brisket
3) Ribeye steak
4) Any kind of beef
5) Blue Bell ice cream -- you can tell I'm a healthy eater.

F) Four websites I visit daily

1) NOAA
2) Fox News
3) Drudge Report
4) Yahoo
5) iGoogle

G) Four favorite colors

1) Blue
2) Green
3) Red
4) Khaki
5) Maroon

H) Four places I would love to be right now

U.S. Other
1) Red River, New Mexico 1a) Dublin, Ireland
2) Portland, Oregon 2a) Adelaide, Australia
3) Nashville, Tennessee 3a) Fiji
4) Washington, DC 4a) Buenos Aires
5) New York, New York 5a) Jamaica

I) Four names I love but could/would not use for my children

1) Constantinople -- beats me why
2) Luke Skywalker -- it sounds so forceful
3) Obiwan Kenobi -- it really rolls off the tongu
4) Snickerdoodle -- 'cause I like the cookies
5) Jesus -- It is a name I love to hear...

Now I'm supposed to tag four bloggers. I will pass on that, however, if any of you who read this would like to participate, leave a comment and have at it.

7 comments:

Sandy Kessler said...

Snickerdoodle I'm rolling on the floor !!Snickerdoodle Kessler./ I'll ask Cade Kessler if he wants to change his name hahahaahahahahah

WomanHonorThyself said...

hey arent I a blog u visit daily?..ha..just kiddin...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

God Lord, Poet! You were a loan officer? And here all this time I thought you were a good fellow.

I mean, I don't believe I'd have told that!

But there's an exception to every rule, so maybe you were a GOOD loan officer.

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Hermit: Notice that I am no longer a loan officer. I couldn't stand the negativity. Part of my job in looking at an application was to figure every reason why it wouldn't work. I got out of lending because I wanted to focus on how to make things work.

I did have a guy one time tell me (about 5 years after the fact) that I did him the biggest favor that anyone had ever done for him. I denied his loan application because his credit was too good. He was overextended. I counseled him to pay down some debts and come back and talk to me later. He said it was the best advice he'd ever received.

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

WHT: I visit your site frequently but occasionally I miss a day. If there had been a place to list four faults in the meme, being overly honest with people might have been one of them. But I do very much appreciate your regular visits to my blog. Do you ever miss a day???

Texas Red said...

Dad, I love you, but you can't count. It said 4 of each thing and you listed 5 of each thing. :)
I sure am glad you didn't name me Constantinople or Snikerdoodle...it sounds like a dog's name. A little, white, frufru dog.

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Thank you for that astute observation Texas Red. Until you mentioned it I didn't realize. I agree that Snickerdoodle does sound like a good name for a little white dustmop type dog.

Google