Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Time for Rest

There's never enough time to get the things done
I think that I should do
And yet I find time to do the things
I really want to do.

I sometimes leave things 'til it's almost too late
To get them done in time
And sometimes the order of things I get done
Has no reason or rhyme.

I make lots of lists to keep my tasks straight
And then sometimes I find
I add things to my list long after they're done
As a palliative to my mind.

Then there are days I get nothing done
While thinking alone as I sat;
Those are the days I find time to relax
And I am quite happy with that.

We are made to work but, we need to get rest
Or, we pay a toll with our health
Even though the world teaches us "no time to waste"
In the continual search for wealth.

But, God has a different plan that he defined
And I find that His plan is the best;
He said we should have a full day of rest
As a rule and not just suggest.

No comments:

Google