Sunday, November 11, 2007

Digression

It is been difficult to get to blogging lately. It is partly the result of travel, work, social and family demands -- not necessarily in that order -- and attitude. I've just had a hard time wanting to sit down and blog.

I have been continuing to work on "Billy" but not in a disciplined fashion as I had intended. I can usually tell when something is worthwhile because there are suddenly a million things trying to pull me away. That seems to be the case here.

I attended a great conference in Omaha, Nebraska, this past week. The focus of the conference was the impact of ethanol on the beef industry. I will probably be posting some things from the conference in my "Common Sense Agriculture, Conservation and Energy" blog over the coming weeks. I think though, to sum it up, ethanol is here to stay, get used to it. Those who adjust to the new economic realities will thrive and those who don't will fail.

It seems that is the way with everything. As society/culture/economies/knowledge, etc. advance, things are destroyed and new things arise. Hopefully the new is better than the old. Sometimes I doubt it. My optimistic side says that we are advancing. We must always be vigilant however to see that we advance in the proper direction.

5 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

keep it up! !..Blessed Veterans Day! :)

Anonymous said...

Chris -

We saw a piece on the national news the other evening about grasses being used to create ethanol. It was something called "switchgrass" that grows to about 10 feet high and doesn't require a lot of water.

Supposedly it makes a lot more ethanol than corn of the same quantity. Do you know anything about that? Have you heard of it?

It's interesting to learn about. I don't know how practical it all is, but I guess I need to learn. You'll have to share with us when you run your posts on your other blog so we can read them. I guess I'd better check it all out.

Cheers & Blessings to you all today!

Dee
of Finding Direction: The Wind Vane Chronicles

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Dee: I've done numerous posts on ethanol and alternative energy. The best bet would be to go to one of the articles such as this one and then click on a key word at the end for related articles.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Poet. You don't stay in one place long, do you. If I had to travel as often and as far as you do I'd last about a week, max. But at least what you do is interesting.

i beati said...

Duke update ??

Google