Thursday, January 12, 2012

Withdrawing

I've frequently considered the addictive nature of the Internet, Social Media, online games and things of that nature.  I have slowly withdrawn from some of them -- at least on some level -- yet, here I am blogging.  Is it the same?

I rarely update my "status" on facebook anymore.  I enjoyed it, but, occasionally the comments were such that it took the "fun" out of it.  So, I pretty much quit.  For awhile I was really into some of the online games -- mindless games -- like Bejeweled Blitz.  I am trying to quit that.

I spent some time this morning going through all the application, privacy and other settings on facebook.  For some reason I just feel that too much is shared with too many people.  I deleted a number of applications.  I thought I had better control of it than I actually did.

I used to spend a good deal of time on various news sites on the Internet.  My usual routine was Fox News, Amarillo Online, The Drudge Report, The BBC, Yahoo News, Reuters and occasionally others.  I now find myself barely scanning the headlines.

I wonder why I am withdrawing......is it boredom?  Or, is there something else.

Just wondering.....

Chris

No comments:

Google