Saturday, January 14, 2012

Alphabetical Inspiration?

Like many writers, I go through spells of, maybe not writer's block, but not knowing what topic to choose for a post.  I've tried keeping a notebook with ideas but when it comes to actually choosing something I can't make up my mind.

I have always done my best writing when writing to a deadline.  There is something about that ticking clock that squeezes out the creative juices and it happens.  So, I've tried to figure ways to re-create that with "artificial" deadlines.  It doesn't work.  Deep down I know the deadline isn't real.

I have sought ideas from others at times.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Most people seem reluctant to provide ideas.  I also am somewhat reluctant to ask.

So, I have decided to try using the alphabet as inspiration.  I might even pull out the old Dictionary.  I intend to start at A and work my way, one day at a time, to Z.

That's half the battle.  The other half is to discipline myself to actually do it.  I figure that the alphabet will give me 26 straight days.  Surely that's enough to get back in the habit of posting daily.

Since the title of this post starts with "A" I suppose that I am on my way!  Oh, if any of you feel inspired to suggest a word (keep it clean) for a specific letter I will do my best to use it......

Chris

1 comment:

Willy said...

By the Way - starts with a B

Google