Monday, January 30, 2012

An Additional Post for Today

Today I feel led to include an additional post -- one outside of the "Alphabetically Inspired Series" that I have been writing.  This morning I am preparing for a very important meeting.  It is one that could determine the direction of my company for years to come.

My earlier post entitled "Quiet" is important because I am fortunate to be able to have some quiet time this morning for that preparation which I need.  It is a time in which I have been able to contemplate the issues that will be discussed and to prepare myself to meet them.  It has been a time in which I could pray and seek God's wisdom and guidance and to listen to His response.

He gave me these verses this morning and I just wanted to share them with whoever might read this post:

"I love you O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I am saved from my enemies."  __ Psalm 18:1-3

Once again I come to the conclusion that it is all about faith.  If my faith is in myself alone, I will fail.  I must place my faith in the only One who can save -- Jesus Christ.  I must trust that His will is best and that whatever occurs, He has what is best in mind.  That doesn't mean that it will be what I expect, but that whatever occurs will be what is best.  It is His Kingdom that is being built, not mine.  I seek merely to be useful, unworthy as I am.....

Chris

1 comment:

CimA said...

Will be praying for you an your meeting today. Love you!

Google