Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Some Days the Wind

A faint odor of dust lingers on the air
As I sit inside and work from my chair.
Around me drones the incessant roar
Of the howling wind outside my door.

It is days like this I wonder why
I live in this place windswept and dry
Where the sky can turn an ugly brown
From dirt that is blowing round and around

And driving the road is like a video game
Where tumbleweeds roll down the middle of same
Where fields try to move one grain at a time
Or, sometimes as rocks as big as a dime.

Yep, it's times like these that I'd like to go
To a place where it's green and the wind doesn't blow,
Where trees touch the sky and bright waters flow
And cattle graze in the valley below

But, then I remember the wind too shall pass
And the beautiful sky no place can surpass
With air that's so pure you can see for days
As I dream in the warmth of gentle sun rays;

Where humidity is never  too high or too low
And the quiet gentle breezes always blow
Across the endless sea of grass
Where once the scouring wind did pass.

No comments:

Google