Friday, September 12, 2008

Trade Shows and Interstellar Travel

The Fall and Winter months are "Trade Show Season" for our industry. The Fall is also our "rush" time. I don't understand why the heaviest travel schedule coincides with the time during which I most need to be in the office.

I have spent most of the day lining up my travel itineraries -- all the way into January. The worst part is that there are a couple of time slots in which I need to be multiple places at the same time. There is actually one day in which I am supposed to be 3 places, in 3 different states, at the same time.

I asked my son (the future engineer) the other day to come up with some kind of transporter device like they have on Star Trek. It would really help me out. He immediately replied that it was slightly more difficult than interstellar travel at greater than light speed. When I asked why he replied that there was too great a danger of materializing in occupied space. I suggested a proximity sensor of some sort. He's still thinking on it.

4 comments:

jill jill bo bill said...

Hey Chris! Greetings from an original panhandler! I saw you on Janie's blog and wanted to see some familiar "peeps" from my old stomping grounds. I grew up in Borger and my parents moved to Amarillo about 17 years ago. My dad has passed away, but my mom still lives there.
I live south of Dallas now and miss the cool nights and the wind. I especially miss being able to watch a storm roll in from the porch.
Your writings are awesome and very inspiring.
Thanks for giving a glimpse into "home" and know I will be back.
Take care!
Jill

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Thanks for stopping by -- come back any time. There's always an imaginary glass of cold iced tea waiting.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need an assistant.

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

Hermit: Are you volunteering?

By-the-way: I will be in Moultrie, GA, in October for the big Sunbelt Expo.

Google