Thursday, January 10, 2008

Clutter

Clutter.
Sometimes I set aside
All those things that interest me
But that I am not yet ready to deal with decisively
Into piles
Waiting for further attention.

Books not read.
Notes to self.
Research material.
Things written.
Items to file.
Business cards.
Work-in-progress.

It builds until
I must attack it;
Organize it;
Dump it;
File it;
Move it;
Do it.

Is it a sign
Of a disorganized mind?
Is it a sign
Of too many interests and not enough time?
Is it a sign
Of laziness?

It is a symptom
Of priorities
Of urgencies
Of importance
Of ... OK, laziness.

Efficiency is the product of laziness for it seeks the easiest path.

3 comments:

Matt H. said...

Thanks for stopping by, McClintock was one of the greatest movies ever made, course that is my opinion, not my wifes. I love westerns, and John Wayne was great! Gunsmoke is one of my all time favorites.
Like your blog, I will drop in and look more later.

Sandy Kessler said...

ouch I see you've seen my desk ibeati

Anonymous said...

I believe if something "really" interests you, then you would make time for it!

Google