Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Writing Mood

Sometimes I get in the mood to write.  That mood doesn't always correlate well with ideas about which to write!  That's when I just start typing and see what happens.  It might be a totally random post or it might turn into something that somehow fits together into a cohesive whole.

As you might have guessed, this is one of those times.  It is my second post for today and I am typing away without yet knowing where I am going.

I think it is all the political stuff buzzing around in my head.  There is so much discontentment today with what is going on with our government -- from all sides of the political landscape -- that I see momentum building for change.  If you set a pot of water on the burner to boil and keep the lid on it, pressure begins to build until eventually, the water vapor tries to escape.  If you just leave the lid lightly on, the steam escapes around the edges and eventually the water boils away.  But, if you clamp down on the lid -- such as with a pressure cooker -- the pressure rises until it eventually escapes by blowing the lid off the pot.

I think the pressure in the political pot is building right now.  I don't see it escaping.  When will it explode?

There is a movie coming out soon called, "Ender's Game."  If you haven't read the book I would encourage you to do so before the movie comes out.  It is actually the first book in a series.  I enjoyed the book a lot but, not so much the sequelae. 

I mention "Ender's Game" because in the series of books by Orson Scott Card there is discussion of the political undertow which is fomented by two of the characters who become known as Locke and Demosthenes in their anonymous role as political pot-stirrers.  It is a commentary on how the written word can create the environment for upheaval, coup or, revolution.

Perhaps that is why I have the urge to write.  I like to stir the pot.  But, my reason for stirring the pot is more to stimulate thinking, not to encourage political upheaval.  If people will learn to think critically about what they hear and read, they will begin to see the patterns of power and how some would manipulate the masses for their own gain.  That manipulation is irrespective of political persuasion.  Follow the money.

This week it was announced that George Soros was signing on and providing a sizeable contribution to promote Hillary Clinton in a bid for the Presidency on the Democratic ticket.  I am continually amazed that the party that promotes itself as looking out for the poor, the disenfranchised and downtrodden is controlled by some of the wealthiest individuals in the world.  Believe me, it isn't because they are altruistic in their motivation, it is because they are among the guiltiest at amassing wealth at the expense of those very individuals they pretend to protect. 

The Republicans are just as guilty.  Power flows to money.  Money manipulates power -- regardless of political party.

Maybe that IS why I write.  I want to combat the concentration of power in the hands of the large multi-national corporations.  I don't have the money to do so, but, I can write.  Hopefully there will be some who are persuaded to question their support of those who have been corrupted most by the greed which drives power to amass more power through manipulation of wealth.  Don't blindly follow.  Don't believe those who say you are powerless to do anything.  Fight against the corruption that controls.  Vote.  Write letters.  Engage others in conversation about the things that really matter.

Which brings me to the One thing that really matters.  Until people understand and recognize that there is an overarching Truth, they will fall for anything.  That Truth is Jesus.

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  John 14:6

No comments:

Google