Thursday, October 24, 2013

Halloween and Television

Why are we covered up with horror movies on television for the entire month of October?  What is this fascination with horror?  I don't get it.  I prefer to avoid them, but that means there really isn't much to watch.

The darkness seems to be growing.  Everywhere there is fascination with the occult and ancient religions.  There is talk of a one-world religion being debated within the United Nations.  I honestly haven't investigated to see if it is true -- the point is that it is being talked about.

Personally, I prefer the light.  I like daytime.  The best time of day is dawn as the light slowly rises in the east until the sun peeks over the horizon.  I fear that we are approaching sunset instead.

I pray that I will be a point of light as the darkness closes in.

14 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heavenMatthew 5:14-16

No comments:

Google