Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Taking Time Off

Taking time off is something I have never done like I should.  I could be considered a workaholic I guess, but I don't really see myself as one.  I work because I have to, not because I have a compulsion to. 

I do believe that when we commit to a job we should do it with all our being.  It should be done to the absolute best of our ability.  It should be something that represents who we are.  When complete, it should be something that others will see as well done.  It shouldn't be done at a minimum just to earn the pay.

Well done.  That's what it is all about.  We are here for a purpose.  We are each uniquely suited to something.  We should do whatever that is in a way that when completed we will hear, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

Back to the time off.  I find myself working at things for me and my family during my time off.  I guess that makes it a "staycation" of sorts.  I do find mental rest in it though.  I am trying my best to set aside "my job" for a few days and focus on other things.  And.....I am writing again.  I think that is a sign that my mind is resting from the job.  That's probably a good thing.

No comments:

Google