Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Twitterverse

I have been fighting the urge to open a Twitter account for a long time.  I have struggled with seeing the value in it.  My vision for how to use it was limited to the mundane routine of my job or my "life" outside my job.  I found a reason yesterday.

With my New Year's commitment to spread the word about the fiscal and other irresponsibility of Washington and the hope that I might open a few eyes to what is going on there, I found reason to enter the world of Twitter.  I am still somewhat confused by the appropriate use of the @ sign and hash tags (#) but I am making progress.  I have Tweeted several times today -- mostly re tweets or clicking the Twitter button on an article that I wanted to share -- but I am definitely struggling with proper syntax and structure.

If any of you out there have some basic tips or pointers I would certainly appreciate them in the comments.  You can find me @PanhandlePoet.

No comments:

Google