Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting a New Year

New Year's Day is all about a time for a fresh start.  It should be positive and uplifting as we look forward.  It should be a time of reflection on things of the past that we would like to put behind us so that we can move forward. 

I've never been much for resolutions.  I didn't keep them anyway, so why put myself through the "failure" of not keeping them?!  Instead, I think we all should constantly evaluate ourselves and as we see areas that need improving we should immediately take steps to improve.....not just once each year, but every day.

I guess I have made a resolution for this year.  I have resolved to start sharing as much information as possible about what is going on in Washington and the other "halls of power" that have so much impact on our lives.  I fear for the direction our country is headed morally and fiscally.  I fear that my children and grandchildren will face a world that is vastly worse than what we live in today.  I am morally obligated to fight against those things which I believe are destroying our country and the future for my grandchildren.

I have posted a number of things on Facebook today related to the so-called "Fiscal Cliff" and I have resurrected my political commentary blog:

Panhandle's Perspective

I'm recruiting.  Help me get out the message.  There is another election in a couple of years that can make a huge impact.  It's time now to start.

No comments:

Google