Friday, February 24, 2012

Remaining Calm

It seems that periodically everything goes a little crazy.  There is a cycle to life that applies to the pace of activity just as it does to life itself.  Each day is cyclical with sleep to waking to active to slowing down and then sleep again.  The years are cyclical with the various seasons.  Everything is cyclical.

Right now it seems that I am in one of those periods of frenzied activity with many "big" things occurring at once.  I will share more detail in coming days but for now, suffice it to say that it is crazy busy.  During times like this it is sometimes difficult to remain calm and objective.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." __ John 14:27

I am fortunate that there is a source of peace that is unaffected by the cyclical tides of this world.  His peace is everlasting but the price is high.  It cost a perfect life and it demands surrender of my own.  It is amazing how peaceful life becomes once I surrender to Him and His will for my life.

Chris

No comments:

Google