Monday, February 13, 2012

Disappearing Snow and Breakfast for Supper

The high here yesterday was 21 degrees and it snowed from Noon until dark.  I got out and shoveled the driveway before dark hoping that it wouldn't fill back in before morning.  The wind of course increased during the night and there was a small drift across the drive when I went out to start my car.  Fortunately it wasn't enough to worry about.

The high today was 61 degrees.  That's quite a difference in 24 hours.  Other than a few drifts in sheltered places, the snow is about gone.  The same south wind that blew the snow back onto my shoveled drive brought warmer temperatures.

It seems a little early in the year to be getting our Spring weather swings.  Usually February is just cold and windy.  The alternating cold with wet and warm usually doesn't start until March or April.  I hope it's not a sign that we're in for another miserable summer.

Oh, well, changes in the weather are a good thing.  If it was the same all the time we'd either be in the Antarctic or the South Pacific.  Hmmm....the South Pacific doesn't sound too bad.  I don't think I could stand the continual cold of the Antarctic though.

Changes keep us on our toes I guess.  Sometimes I like a little change just to break the monotony.  Like tonight; we're having breakfast for supper -- fresh homemade biscuits with butter and honey to go with the bacon and scrambled eggs.  Mmmmmm, mmmmmm, good!

Chris

No comments:

Google