Monday, December 26, 2011

I-45 Grand Prix

Traffic in Texas can be a challenge in the best of times but, Monday after a Christmas Sunday is downright daunting. Mrs. Claus has traded in her red stocking cap for driving gloves, leather jacket and a scarf which I deem fitting since she continues to man the drivers seat. Again, I am riding shotgun and the trusty GMC has been converted from sleigh to a Grand Prix racer.

The traffic is not as heavy as I have seen it but, there apparently is a race going from Houston to Dallas because the speed of the traffic is obviously unchecked except where periodically slowed to a crawl to allow for gawking at motorists whose cars are stalled along the roadway. Or, where "balled up" by big rigs engaged in a slow-motion passing maneuver. I find that my faith is severely tested at times when other drivers do the unexpected. Fortunately my driver is able to handle the escapades while I focus on book or this brief post and try my best not to say, "Watch out!"

It will surely be worse as we get closer to Dallas....

Chris
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Google