Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Election Prediction

The election for the next President is now less than a year away.  It has been interesting so far.  It is not just politics as usual though; it seems to me that it has already been politics on steroids -- and I'm not just referring to the battle for the Republican nomination.

The Campaigner in Chief has been lavishly using our taxes to fund his campaign jaunts across the country.  I am growing weary of the need to counter every headline afforded to a Republican candidate with a headline of the CIC -- often at a similar venue or on the same subject.  It is understandable that he would wish to maintain parity in the campaign, but to use taxpayer funding to do so is not right in my humble (OK, maybe not so humble) opinion.

I think that we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg though.  I believe the tempo and vitriol of the rhetoric will only grow as we continue toward next November.  It may be the sleaziest in history before all is said and done.

My prediction?  In an attempt to appeal to the greatest number of voters, the Republicans will self-destruct.  The Campaigner in Chief will continue the great deception and return for another round.

Just my thoughts for now.....it's a long time until the election though......

Chris

No comments:

Google