Thursday, August 11, 2011

Moody Recreational Writer

Sometimes writing just requires the right frame of mind.  It's not so much sitting down in front of a blank piece of paper -- uh, blank computer screen -- and experiencing that feeling that is often described as writer's block, it's more a matter of mental relaxation for me.  I'm sure that professional writer's occasionally struggle with getting going but, it's their job, they sometimes just "force" it to happen.  With us non-professionals (recreational writer might be a good term) it is more about being in the mood to write.

I haven't been there in a few weeks.

I suppose that might be obvious to those who follow this blog because I haven't written anything in awhile.  At first I blamed it on my travel schedule, but, that hasn't really stopped me in the past.  Then I blamed it on too much work load from my real job, but, really, it isn't much different than normal.  Then, of course, I used the usual excuse of "nothing" to write about (yeah, I know, it should say -- "nothing" about which to write) but, that's not true either.  I could write about a pen lying on my desk if I chose.  No, it's just that I haven't felt like it.

So, being the analytical sort that I am, I try to figure out why.  No luck.  I just haven't felt like it.  Oh, well.  Maybe this random post will break the logjam and get me back in the mode, er, mood, er, whatever.

Chris

No comments:

Google