Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Office Time

Traveling as much as I do with work, I sometimes find it necessary to get in some office time while on the road.  If you talk to any "road warrior" you will find they do the same.  It might be something that has to be scheduled into an otherwise full week.

Many times, the best way to get that office time is to just work from the motel room in the mornings or evenings.  There are times though, when that is not enough.  That's when you book a flight time that gives you extra time in the morning or afternoon.  With high-speed Internet in most hotels, it is easy to just plug in the laptop and go to work.

The other alternative to a motel room is a coffee shop.  Many of them are set up with Internet access.  But, one of the best things to come along in recent years is FedEx Office.  (No, this is not a paid endorsement of them.)  They are in most cities and are great for copying, shipping, editing and creating documents.

Now, we are seeing WiFi on airplanes.  I'm not sure I like that.  Airplane time has usually been "down time" for me.  I prefer to read a book or something -- maybe even nap.  With WiFi I may have to work!

No comments:

Google