Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Brief Ray of Light

I think sometimes
The followers of the liberal spiel
Do so out of misinformation.
After visiting with someone
Last night of a much more liberal persuasion
I found he had a vivid imagination.

Or, at least that's what it seemed to me
Until I quizzed him at length
On the foundations of his belief.
It only took a few questions to find
That he was clueless as to the facts.
Much to my relief

He was willing to listen as I
Explained the issues to him about
Which he was confused.
After some additional clarification
He realized that he was missing some facts
And it left me somewhat amused.

Wouldn't it be great if it
Was always that easy to refute the
Wrong-headed views of the left?
Instead it seems like beating your head
Against a wall trying to convince them
That their argument is bereft

Of all reason. But that doesn't
Matter to them because they are "right"
Even when they are wrong.
I could go on forever about
The frustration I have with their logic
But it would make this poem too long!

5 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

ah yes...try to rationalize with the kool aid drinkers...lol..off to Texas!..will post when I get there!

Anonymous said...

Very nice, and so logical. Thanks for sharing.

a.k.a. Blandly Urbane said...

This didn't really happen, right?

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

It in fact is true. I know that you are all shocked, but so was I. Oh, he's still totally confused about most issues, but on one tiny sliver of something important, I think he finally saw a ray of light.

I thought the poem worked as satire anyway.

Incognito said...

what I deal with on a daily basis... at least when I'm working..

Google