Sunday, May 26, 2019

Coffee Thinking

Coffee warms you up;
Have you ever noticed that?
I'm sure you have
If you are one of us that drink it.

On a cold day that's a good thing
But, on a day that's hot and humid
It still warms you up
And you find that you are sweating.

Old timers have told me
They drink coffee to cool off
On a hot summer day
Because the sweat acts as air conditioning.

I suppose that makes sense
In a climate with a breeze
But, in this hot and humid place
I live in now it doesn't.

Some people can drink coffee
All day long and it doesn't
Seem to affect them, but
I have to quit before about 3:00

Otherwise, I can't get to sleep
And I lie awake with my mind
Buzzing with thoughts
Because of the caffeine.

I know that I'm addicted,
Or maybe it's just a habit
That causes me to want it
Every single day when I awake.

It only takes a couple of cups
And then the craving is satisfied
But, there are other times
When I drink more than two.

A cup of coffee in hand
Just seems to fit certain times
And perhaps it is a comfort
That helps me to think....

No comments:

Google