Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Sufficient

"My grace is sufficient."

That's all the words needed to describe what our relationship to God should be -- one of dependence and submission.  His grace is all we need.  Everything else is meaningless.  Everything else is superfluous.

When your mind is filled with questions
And you don't know where to turn
Focus on the Father
For it is there that you will learn
His grace is all you need
To get you through the day
Because He sent His only Son
To show us all the way
Into His presence.

This morning as I sat and thought of all the things going on in the world and the things people are going through, these words came to my mind.  The troubles of this life will be gone in the blink of an eye and our place in the "bigger picture" will be made known.  It is all temporary, so we should focus on the things that are important -- the eternal things -- and put all the rest in God's hands, for He is sufficient.

2 Cor. 12:9 "But he said to me, 'Mygrace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness,'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

No comments:

Google