Monday, September 10, 2018

Conflicting Attitudes

In the stillness of the morning
I watch the gentle rain
As it falls upon this city
Where I find myself again.

After days in a hotel room
It will good to be back home;
I have need to check the cattle
To make sure they did not roam.

And there's other chores awaiting
My attention there you see
That no one else will do
So, they wait there just for me.

I guess it's good to feel I'm needed
And I don't give a hoot
When I find my sock gets muddy
In a worn-out holey boot

Because I'm thankful for the rain
And how it helps the grass to grow
So, there's feed for all the cattle
And perhaps the creek will flow

And wash out all the dead tree branches
That have fallen from the drought,
But, I worry about the fence
And how they just might take it out!

So, I'm ready to get home
And check the fence there at the gap
Then count the cattle as they're grazing
Hoping there's been no mishap

But, instead of being worried
I will think on gratitude
For this gentle rain a falling
And adjust my attitude.

No comments:

Google