Friday, July 6, 2018

Hope and Change

During the reign of the previous administration -- yes, that word reign was intentional -- I became very disillusioned with the direction of our country.  The pretender's message of Hope and Change had turned into fear and frustration for me.  I had serious doubts that the direction we were being taken could be changed.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the accomplishments of the Trump administration.  I still cringe at his style at times, but I admit openly that he has been effective in many areas.  I suppose it is the rough and tumble world of New York business that created him and that is what we needed.

My hope has been restored to some degree.  There is a long way yet to go to overcome the setbacks of the 8 years of Leftism, but progress is being made.  I remain frustrated that change cannot, or is not, occurring more quickly, but we do seem to be turning to a better direction.

Hope is fragile and it frequently hinges on change.  Now, if we could only make progress through change in our educational system -- primary, secondary and college levels -- that replaces the Leftist garbage with some common sense, perhaps the small hope today will grow more firm.  I fear for the future that has been seeded with land mines of Liberalism through our educational system.  I must have faith that enough will see the light for reason to prevail.

No comments:

Google