Saturday, March 15, 2014

Centrism and the Smell of Ozone

No matter what we do, or how hard we try, the world of each of us is centered on self.  We can't help it.  "I am the center of my universe" is true for everyone. 

It doesn't matter whether one lives in the slums of Nairobi or in the lap of luxury, each and every day is all about "me."  What will I eat?  What will I do?  Even if we claim to help others, the first question we must ask is "How can I help?"  Note the common denominator -- I.

I am the center of the universe.

I don't truly don't believe that, but, like everyone else, I behave as if I do.  So, I expect this brief written word to be read by others who will see my great wisdom and praise my deep insights into the cosmos.......is that ozone I smell?? (as the thunder rolls)

No comments:

Google