Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Expecting the Extraordinary

Most of us travel through life missing the majority of what is going on around us.  It's the rut syndrome.  We get in our little groove and go, go, go, day after day, doing the same old things and not really thinking about or, observing what is going on around us.  That's sad, because there are extraordinary things nearly everywhere.

OK, most folks will think that "extraordinary" may be going a bit far, but, I don't think so.  I am constantly amazed by what people do and have done, but, more importantly, I expect God to reveal something amazing to me every day and He frequently does.

But, for today, I'm going to stick with people-made extraordinary things.

It was another day of sales calls in rural America.  Small towns are full of creative people with big visions for their small towns.  I was "blown away" by what I saw today in Concordia, Kansas, on the side of the building that was apparently the "Cloud County Museum Annex and Travel Center."  The series of photos below will explain better than I ever could.....


I don't know how it was done, whether cast stone, or carved into the stone, but, it was a beautiful piece of art in a small town in Kansas.

Chris

No comments:

Google