Tuesday, July 8, 2008

TEXAS: Y'all Come!




Sunday evening we went out to Palo Duro Canyon to the amphitheater to view "TEXAS." It was great. It has been several years since I was out to the canyon for the play. The last time it was a different script. This year, they are back to the original.

The performance is about the earliest settlers in the Texas Panhandle. It is a musical that portrays the end of the "cattle empire" era and the beginning of the influx of farmers. "TEXAS" is in its 43rd Anniversary season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun thing to do.

Barbara Martin said...

Palo Duro Canyon is spectacular! I would love to see the musical "Texas" there as it seems a fitting place.

Thanks for this great post, Chris.

Will Howard said...

Chris, While I worked at the Amarillo Public Library, I did enjoy the Canyon. Now, 25 years later, I'm compiling a bibliography on "Texas Historical and Literary Blogs," and I'm wondering about yours. The list will be published as the August issue of my e-journal "Will's Texana Monthly." Can we email? Thanks, Will
http://texasparlor.blogspot.com

Google