Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Trade Show Season

Trade Show today. I don't know why, but I love doing Trade Shows. I enjoy the interaction with potential customers. I enjoy qualifying the "browsers." I enjoy selling what I do to those who are interested. I enjoy figuring out what makes people "tick." I enjoy the challenge of "unlocking" the potential customer and turning him into a customer. It's like a giant puzzle with tremendous rewards for each piece that you put into place. -- OK, I guess those are the reasons that I like doing Trade Shows.

I have two more days of this current Trade Show. I'm supposed to be at another one -- in another state -- which overlaps with this one. I will decide tomorrow whether to stay here (if it continues to be productive) or go to the other one. Next week is another show in a different state. 'Tis the season for Trade Shows, fa la la la la la la la la.....

I was pleased today when the account representative from the marketing company that we use brought a couple of her colleagues by to see our booth. She started telling them how the way we had done things was the proper way -- then she told them that I probably should be teaching classes on how to work a Trade Show. It made me feel pretty good. I kept waiting for the "shoe to drop" and hear what I wasn't doing correctly but it never came. Yeah, pretty cool.

I'm bringing one of my employees in tomorrow who has never worked a Trade Show. He has a lot of potential. It will be fun "breaking him in." We'll see how well he picks it up.

Hopefully I will get something posted on Billy before the week is out. It's "in-my-head" but I don't have it written out yet. It's difficult for me to get in the right frame of mind for that project while I'm pumped up with the Trade Show. We'll see how the week goes.

6 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Have fun doing what you do best, Poet!

i beati said...

where is the show? Duke ??

Anonymous said...

I wish you worked in the gun business. You could go to Shot Show and get me some good deals on guns.

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

i beati: The show is in Amarillo, Texas -- only about 20 minutes from my house -- nice for a change.

hermit: Yeah, a gun show would be fun. I would probably spend way too much money though!!

That Janie Girl said...

Poet, Hermit - depending on what you want, I can get some guns at cost for you.

That Janie Girl said...

(Mostly shotguns, that people have won at charity shoots. )

The Shot Show....yum.

Google